Become Stronger In The Gym & In Life
My vision is to empower women to become the strongest versions of themselves both inside and outside the gym.
Strong is the new skinny. I’m here to help women just like you become strong. Becoming strong in the gym proved to be a game changer for me. My posture became better, I became stronger and of course fitter as well. But the real reward was the what happened outside of the gym.
I became stronger mentally. I was able to push through tough times. I developed new life goals and a whole new fire was lit inside me. Becoming stronger in the gym helped me overcome my battle with depression and completely changed who I am as a person.
I’m going to help you reach your physical goals of becoming stronger, building muscle and toning your body, and then I’m going to help you reach your potential.
Holistic Burn is about change. It is an all-round approach to fitness and life.
I am Chann.
I am a passionate lover of life residing in Perth, Western Australia. Originally born in South Africa, I’ve lived all over Australia and developed a love for exploring. Naturally an introvert I always struggled in the friend department throughout school. I let other people’s opinion of me define who I was for a long time.
I was blessed with a naturally thin physique. It lead me to a life of overdosing on sugar and avoiding physical activity. It wasn’t until my struggle with depression that I decided to get into the gym. What was meant to be an escape turned out becoming something that completely changed who I was at that point.
The most rewarding benefits have come from pushing myself in the gym. The proved to me how strong I really am. It taught me to be confident in who I am.
Most importantly, the gym showed me just what is possible when you put in hard work. The results you achieve physically are so rewarding and will completely change you. Going beyond that, the gym brings you results that you can’t even imagine before you achieve them.
I am currently working on my physique to become stronger and gain more muscle. Having just come off reaching my goal of 100kg squats, my next goal is to conquer the pull-up and build my muscle up to compete in my first comp at some point within the next year. I document my journey on all of my social media channels.
My goal with Holistic Burn is to develop a style of training and eating that will help you reach your physical goals, as well as incorporate elements which contributed to my life changing. For now, I have a ton of information available on the blog as well as in the free resources I offer.
I hope that you will gain some sort of value from being here and become a part of my Holistic Burn family.
5 Things That Changed My Life
- Exercise & Health: When I started exercising, I grew stronger. Not just physically but also mentally. This increase of strength allowed me to start pushing through the hard times I was having in my life. It allowed me to start working harder to become the person I wanted to be. Exercise and health changed my life.
- Becoming Self Aware: Becoming self-aware meant rather than accepting every thought that came into my mind, and letting those thoughts control me, I instead learned to observe the thoughts, question them and decide whether I wanted to accept them or whether they were garbage thoughts that were just bringing me down.
- Learning Not To Give A F**k: The major game changer for me in terms of becoming the person I am today, and doing the things I am doing today, was learning not to give a fuck what people think of me. The words I spoke. The actions I took. The decisions I made were always heavily impacted by my fear of what people would think of me. The minute I decided to change that, everything in my life began to change.
- Creating My Vision/Purpose: Without a clear vision or purpose, I felt totally lost. I would often start projects and not finish them. Ideas I had one day, seemed totally ridiculous the next. I always knew I wanted to help people and I always knew that I myself wanted to be happy, but until I sat down and really thought about what I want my life to be about, I didn’t have the slightest clue how I could make those two things happen.
- Realising I Am Responsible: It can be so easy to blame circumstances, other people and the world for what we believe is wrong in our lives. For a while, that is what I did. But with the help of a number of books, podcasts, and interviews, I realized that I am responsible for my life. Although I cannot control what happens to me, I can control my actions, my thoughts, and my feelings, which, as I have learned, changes everything.